Morningstar Released Top Picks Q2-2012 and Market Outlook
(NEW YORK CITY) Economic data from the U.S. also looked solid in the first three months of the year. As Morningstar’s Bob Johnson puts it in his Outlook for the Economy, the U.S. appears to be on a path of “slow but steady growth,” with employment and retail sales looking promising. Stabilization in the eurozone has also cleared a few storm clouds from the market–at least for now.
As stocks charged ahead, however, values became increasingly hard to find, reports Morningstar’s vice president of equity research Heather Brilliant in her broad Outlook for the Stock Market–but our analysts still see select opportunities in certain sectors and individual names.
If you missed any of Morningstar.com’s Quarter-End Insights this week, you can access all of our reports now, including our first-quarter review and our sector-by-sector take on the big themes and best opportunities:
- Basic Materials Approaching Fair Value
- Yellow Flags for Consumer Cyclical Stocks
- Which Consumer Defensive Stocks Can Cut Through the Headwinds?
- The Greatest Opportunities in Energy
- Easy Money Already Made in Financials
- Slow Recovery for Health-Care Stocks
- Getting Picky in Industrials
- 3 REIT Values Amid a Pricey Market
- Tech Picks With Staying Power
- Any Power Plays in Utilities?